Michel is the founder and managing partner of Aegis. He studied Tax Law at Leiden University.
He started his career in 1995 at EY and after a few years moved to KPMG Meijburg & Co where he became a member of the International Corporate Tax Group.
Michel specialises in national and international tax law, Transfer Pricing (including documentation), Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) and real estate.
- Tax Law, University of Leiden;
- MasterCourse Real Estate and Tax, Erasmus University, Rotterdam;
- Tax Management Real Estate Housing Corporations, Nyenrode Business University;
- Post-Master International & European Tax Law, Erasmus University, Rotterdam;
- EFS Top-Level Seminar on Transfer Pricing, Erasmus University, Rotterdam.
Other professional activities
- Member of the Dutch Association of Tax Advisers (NOB);
- Member of International Fiscal Association (IFA);
- Member of CFE Tax Advisers Europe.
Michel’s clients are mainly scale-ups, medium-sized, listed and non-listed companies in various sectors such as: banking, energy, sustainability and pharma. These companies are often internationally active. His clients in the real estate and construction sector are mainly investors, project developers, real estate funds, construction companies and housing corporations.